Together with our global community of contributors, GreptimeDB continues to evolve and flourish as a growing open-source project. We are grateful to each and every one of you.
In the past four weeks, we've experienced the longest holiday of the year. After the extended holiday, and in alignment with anticipated milestones, we launched GreptimeDB v0.4.
Furthermore, our second online Meetup concluded successfully. For those who missed the meetup, you can always view the record on our YouTube account.
Below are some highlights:
- Successfully completed v0.4 of GreptimeDB and officially released the first 0.4 tag
- Refactoring of distributed architecture
- Transitioned to the new Mito engine
- Continuously enhanced the query performance on the new Mito engine
- Conducted retests with TSBS based on v0.4, revealing a query improvement of 5~20x compared to 0.3. However, it’s worth noting there remains a performance gap compared to InfluxDB and TimescaleDB
- Introduced Android and Windows artifacts
For the past four weeks, our community has been super active with a total of 193 PRs merged. 6 PRs from 4 external contributors merged successfully and lots pending to be merged.
Congrats on becoming our most active contributors in the past 4 weeks:
👏 Welcome back to the community, @Yunchen! Kudos on successfully merging your first PR #2594 since returning!
A big THANK YOU to all our members and contributors! It is people like you who are making GreptimeDB a great product. Let's build an even greater community together.
Good First Issue
The standalone supports to creation of multiple regions table, therefore we can move
tests/cases/standalone/show to the common dir
(tests/cases/standalone(distributed)/common) for debt reduction.
/api/v1/format_query from Prometheus server can format a PromQL expression in a prettified manner. This also requires implementation of some util trait in
Collect data from tokio-console via
tracing library (by adding a console layer) and export data from tracing to metrics subscriber.
- is not supported in catalog/schema names. Quoting it during
CREATE DATABASE can bypass this constraint, but it will break other internal components.
Highlights of Recent PR
For thorough optimization without historical baggage 0.3 -> 0.4 had some breaking changes that required downtime to upgrade. To do this, we provide an upgrade tool, and will add the upgrade manual to the official documentation later, with the following general steps:
- Create a new 0.4 cluster
- Close the traffic ingress to the old cluster (stop writing)
- Export the data via the CLI upgrade tool
- Import the data to the new cluster
- Switch the ingress traffic to the new 0.4 cluster
Experience optimization, there are still many Options that use u64 to configure size or duration, this PR changes these obscure values to be expressed in terms of ReadableSize and ReadableDuration. This PR comes from the community Contributor, thanks to the community for contributing.
Introduced Android and Windows artifacts.
Updated developer guide for a quick overview of GreptimeDB's latest architecture: https://docs.greptime.com/developer-guide/overview